HTML Update Library Items Feature Not...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Just a silly question: Do your pages 'know' that they have a library item? In other words, are the library items recognizable with the commented code before and after them? Like this:
<!-- #BeginLibraryItem "code.lbi" -->
This is supposed to be a library item.
<!-- #EndLibraryItem -->
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

It works for me but I always have to read instructions first.

Checked you code on the link you gave but I can not see the markup to make it work.

What I am looking for is the code as Inger says above.

Keith
User 2917290 Photo

7 posts

yes, it is first thing i checked and on each files there the A or B commented recall
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Gianvittorio, I think Keith was not referring to your site. I certainly was not.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Inger

Correct, I was referring to boilermaker73

Keith

User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

In response to Inger's reply, 'Just a silly question: Do your pages 'know' that they have a library item? In other words ....". Good point. I probably should have stated in my initial post that at one time, though briefly, coffeecup HTML Editor appeared to add this comment to the code snippet on the page I was attempting to update related to the Library item. I am just wondering if by chance some outside app or settings may possibly be interfering with the functionality of this feature since everything else appears to work as intended. I mention this, since this wouldn't be the first time I experienced an issue due to some unrelated app or settings on my computer. Is anyone at coffeecup by chance aware of any anti-virus, malware, or other apps that may adversely affect coffeecup HTML Editor?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

The people here in the forum are not 'anyone at coffeecup', we are just users like yourself. We have seen, at times, that some anti virus or anti malware apps may interfere with the downloading or installation of CC software, but to my knowledge, we have never heard of any 'gremlins' changing or deleting code from the pages we make with that software.

When creating a library item you have two options: either you save the selected code as... or you convert the selected code to... If you choose the latter, those snippets are put in place as soon as you have clicked on 'create'. But that happens just on the page you have open while creating that snippet. Afterwards you need to go around to every page where you want to have the same library item and manually paste it. When that has been completed, next time, if you make a change to that item, you just do it once and then choose which of the three update options you want.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2917290 Photo

7 posts

News upgrade on my problem.
i think to have discovered the trick.
When i launch the library item A upgrade on the open files, the upgrade on the files is not only with the Item A, but also item B,C, D ... all items will upgrades the files html.
I select a Library Item, click on right button, Upgrade Open Files and it starts upgrading the open files with all the Library Items.
Is there a way to use only one item each item?
Tks for your time
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

NOW I think I understand your problem. At first I thought that one file got updated with a lib.item belonging to another file.

Unfortunately it looks like it's all or nothing. I don't think you can update just one item if a page has several items. My guess is, that the main idea is to keep everything on the pages updated, not just one bit, leaving the rest behind. If you want to have them updated one by one, you need to make a request at CC support, maybe they will consider it.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2917290 Photo

7 posts

yes, correctly. i send a message to support too. let's see what happens, because in this way is a little dangerous to use them
tks for reply-

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.