how to delete a set of code from all...

User 2869726 Photo

2 posts

ok so i am working on making an offline webpage.
i need to delete headers and footers from every page i have saved.
the problem is there are thousands of pages with the same headers and footers.
i do not have the time to manually go through and delete the headers and footers from each individual page.
how can i delete the headers and footers to every page efficiently without manually doing it for each of the thousands of pages?
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

One could use the Find and Replace (Find the item, Replace with nothing) options in HTML Editor, which does provide for dealing with multiple files. When I needed to make adjustments to over 1000 files, I used Text Crawler (here), which saved me weeks of work. It's free for non-commercial use, and I'm a non-commercial user, but I found sufficient use for it to buy the Pro edition.

Frank
User 2869726 Photo

2 posts

how do i replace multiple lines at a time? i have been crunching line after line replacing one at a time across all the html files but i was wondering is there a way i can replace multiple lines across all the files in one shot? textcrawler is great so far but it has been hours and im still working on it. the \r\n command is not helping me.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

There is help regarding this here, especially the fourth post in that thread.

For expert help with that program, the forums referred to above will probably be the best bet.

Frank

PS Typing 'multiple lines' in the Search section of the manual may also help regarding this. FC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.