Experienced HTML Editor user with new...

User 461752 Photo

7 posts

I created my new pages in CC HTML Editor.

Click F11 for external viewer. All is well. It works in WaterFox or MS Internet Explorer. But in a bowser like Chrome or Edge the page in HUGE. The browser is not zoomed.

in the <head> section, I have tried adding:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">

Has no effect.

I built my whole website before, and never seen this problem before. Searched Google as well as I can, but I am totally confused, exhausted and frustrated.

If you can help me, God will bless you several times in a row :-)

Thanks in advance.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I had a problem a few months ago while SD testing with IE which I believed not to be zoomed. That turned out not to be the case as IE somehow was remembering previous zooming (which I did not recall) on a particular page. I think the same was happening with Edge, though that was not in its latest version. Even rebooting the computer did not remove IE's memory of zooming for particular pages.

Whilst I doubt that this would be the problem mentioned in the above post, it would be very quick and easy to see whether perhaps Edge and Chrome are somehow remembering zooming for the particular pages being worked on. The fact that they are not zoomed for other pages does not seem to be a reliable guide regarding pages for which zooming has been used: I have just now tested and discovered that.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Keith, could you please post the URL for that site, so we can see it? I don't know 'WaterFox', is it a 'sibling' of FireFox?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

There is some interesting information in the last answer here.

Frank

PS. I used to use Waterfox, which was a 64 bit offshoot from Firefox before Firefox itself got a 64 bit edition. FC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.