Design Advice for WordPress Website -...

User 3113719 Photo

7 posts

Hi there,

I work at a non-profit where we are currently using a wordpress website but im afraid the design is very simple (https://backgroundcheckrepair.org/). We used a contracted company to help setup the website and they instructed us in posting articles for search engines.

However I think our design could be so much better but I'm not really sure where to start or "why" it looks off. Is there a good starting point for this sort of thing? If so which Coffee Cup product would be best for us to work with? Thanks for any advice or things to consider.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hello Tanya
What sort of thing are you wanting? when you say "it looks off" what do you mean?

The site looks ok at all device widths from here works pretty well, some of the animations are a bit repetitive and the pop up message thingy is a bit intrusive other than that what are you wanting to do??

The only CC product that you could easily use to do something with your website would be the HTML editor, but even that would require some knowledge and experience with regard to designing websites, and the code (developing) to change things the way they look and work.

Coffee Cup site designer is one of the best of t's type but you would not be able to import your design and change it , it would require "starting again" which also requires some experience and knowledge with the design/development aspect, and also a steep learning curve as to how to make site designer do what you want it to do for you.

There are other users on this forum who are able, willing and do help newcomers and even sometimes the more experienced through the humps and bumps and learning curve.

There are some who can even do one for you too in order to take away that pain and probably get you up and running quicker,

Either way it is still going to be something that may take a little bit of time.

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phew

over 900 images
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi again
There is one thing I would say that comes across as an immediate first impression on the home page (which is a very important thing for websites) and that is a lack of a human touch, which helps in building someones trust in the people/organisation which is also an important factor for many people, I know the subject matter (call it that) is something that visitors are serious and concerned about so I don't mean something frivolous, but for example the first sign of humans is on the about us page (which to be honest really needs making the second link in the menu after the 'HOME' page link This is also where people will look to further find out about who it is what they do etc .)

Those are just design aspects rather than technical and should be easy to do
I have had a very quick look around and as most of the content is ok (as in just copy paste) then the introduction of a couple more Human (for want of a better word) touches (images new personalized content etc) it should not be too big a job for someone with some design and development knowledge and experience in knowing Site Designer.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.