Bootstrap framework general inquiry -...

User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

I am hoping that even though it clearly states this forum is intended for questions related to Bootstrap Builder, this includes general questions as well regarding the Bootstrap framework. To give you some background, I am not familiar with Bootstrap Builder as I primarily use the paid version of HTML Editor version 16.1, build 808 to modify changes to existing website templates that can best serve my needs. To begin, I purchased a single-page website template created in Bootstrap 4 in September/October 2020, that I recently converted to a multi-page website (refer to the website link provided below). Unfortunately, what was initially anticipated to be a relatively easy task turned into a real debacle given display issues present when my converted multi-page site was viewed on a mobile device with a screen resolution of 425px or less. While I experienced some minor display issues when viewed on a desktop/laptop computer, these were easily (so it seemed) addressed/corrected for the most part by making modifications to my main CSS style sheet, style.min.css. In short, all former display issues present on a mobile device appeared to be resolved by making a couple of minor modifications to existing media queries as well as adding several media queries to my main CSS file (I should add this was my first experience using and having to rely on media queries). However, based on past experience with multi-page website templates designed/developed primarily in HTML 4 and 5 without the need for any media queries whatsoever resulting in a fully responsive multi-page website without any display issues, I cannot help but think there must be an easier solution than the one I recently used to correct my former display issues in converting a single-page website created in Bootstrap to a multi-page one. Any comments/suggestions regarding this subject matter are most appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.
URL: www.easypdfeforms.com
User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

boilermaker73 wrote:
I am hoping that even though it clearly states this forum is intended for questions related to Bootstrap Builder, this includes general questions as well regarding the Bootstrap framework. To give you some background, I am not familiar with Bootstrap Builder as I primarily use the paid version of HTML Editor version 16.1, build 808 to modify changes to existing website templates that can best serve my needs. To begin, I purchased a single-page website template created in Bootstrap 4 in September/October 2020, that I recently converted to a multi-page website (refer to the website link provided below). Unfortunately, what was initially anticipated to be a relatively easy task turned into a real debacle given display issues present when my converted multi-page site was viewed on a mobile device with a screen resolution of 425px or less. While I experienced some minor display issues when viewed on a desktop/laptop computer, these were easily (so it seemed) addressed/corrected for the most part by making modifications to my main CSS style sheet, style.min.css. In short, all former display issues present on a mobile device appeared to be resolved by making a couple of minor modifications to existing media queries as well as adding several media queries to my main CSS file (I should add this was my first experience using and having to rely on media queries). However, based on past experience with multi-page website templates designed/developed primarily in HTML 4 and 5 without the need for any media queries whatsoever resulting in a fully responsive multi-page website without any display issues, I cannot help but think there must be an easier solution than the one I recently used to correct my former display issues in converting a single-page website created in Bootstrap to a multi-page one. Any comments/suggestions regarding this subject matter are most appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.
URL: www.easypdfeforms.com

We'll Mr boilermaker73
Bootstrap builder is now part of the site designer app and as such I suspect the same users as tried to help you in your other thread are the same users that are on this thread, site designer is a fantabidozy application for building some stunning websites in whatever framework you choose, and it's done visually with all the code taken care of for you by the app, so I am afraid you won't possibly get anything different regarding your difficulties.i recently made a template something very similar to the one you chose to mess about with, mine was even a choice of a single page website or multi page it was done in foundation but could just as easily have been done in bootstrap, it took less than a full day from start to finish and used 3 breakpoints in total (keyframes) looked fantabidozy on all devices from smart watch right upp to smart TV
I really don't think you will find the answers for your situation here too.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

Nony Mouse,
Thank you for your reply. On another note, do you by chance know of any online forums that focus on Bootstrap framework related to questions for those that hard code using HTML, CSS files as opposed to an app that does this for them?
User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

boilermaker73 wrote:
Nony Mouse,
Thank you for your reply. On another note, do you by chance know of any online forums that focus on Bootstrap framework related to questions for those that hard code using HTML, CSS files as opposed to an app that does this for them?

Yes but no more information regarding this subject / website etc from me.

You are on your own as far as I am now concerned

I can say one final thing and that is you have been editing the wrong file all along (locally at the time it appears to be correct,, but your site (the designers etc, combines the css style sheet along with others and just loads that file as a minified filek. therefore whenever anyone lands on your page that's what gets loaded regardless of what you may have done to it previously. Because YOU have been editing the wrong file all along (which is what Inger has been saying all along ) Edit the correct file and it will be loaded whenever anyone lands on your page (COMBINED WITH THE OTHER CSS FILES as the style.min)

All you have achieved in the end is to dilute the content of what was your site, across numerous pages, which results in something that is going to have no impact other than detrimental to any hope you have of improving SEO results.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,190 posts
Online Now

Hi Boilermaker73,
If your using the HTML Editor to alter a theme then you should post in the HTML Editor thread. Boostrap Builder was a stand alone app that allowed a user to build a site without hand coding. As stated above it's now part of Site Designer. The HTML Editor is a great app for building sites. I use mostly Foundation for my sites and refer to the actual https://get.foundation/index.html site for questions when I'm building within the HTML Editor. You can grab a new version of Boostrap from here https://getbootstrap.com/ . The site is also full of examples of how to add particular features to a site and solve problems.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

In reply to (All you have achieved in the end is to dilute the content of what was your site, across numerous pages, which results in something that is going to have no impact other than detrimental to any hope you have of improving SEO results). Oh, so now you are going to give me advice on SEO. This is exactly the kind of reply that requires a site proctor to review answers provided on the forum that have no relevance to the question provided by others. In reality, your last post is incredibly wrong and presumptuous to boot as you have no idea whatsoever regarding my proven SEO capabilities and without such knowledge, you offer me advice on SEO. Spare me! I tell you what, talk is cheap. You provide me with a URL on which you have implemented SEO and I'll provide you with one and we'll let those on the forum be the judge. FWIW, the site I will provide for everyone to view and render an opinion has achieved first-page organic rankings in the SERPs for all key phrases in the profession it represents and has never relied on paid advertising. Boy, am I getting tired of wasting my time reading and responding to answers like yours.
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

Thank you Eric for your response regarding Bootstrap Builder. I had a strong hunch that your response was what I was going to get. While I did initially post my Bootstrap site question to the HTML Editor forum, I was very disappointed in the responses I received to date for reasons too numerous to list. The only other comment I can add t this time is that the HTML Editor forum appears to have changed dramatically since I posted back in 2011.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,190 posts
Online Now

boilermaker73 wrote:
The only other comment I can add t this time is that the HTML Editor forum appears to have changed dramatically since I posted back in 2011.

It sure has. It has some of the best helpers available free.;)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

boilermaker73 wrote:
In reply to (All you have achieved in the end is to dilute the content of what was your site, across numerous pages, which results in something that is going to have no impact other than detrimental to any hope you have of improving SEO results). Oh, so now you are going to give me advice on SEO. This is exactly the kind of reply that requires a site proctor to review answers provided on the forum that have no relevance to the question provided by others. In reality, your last post is incredibly wrong and presumptuous to boot as you have no idea whatsoever regarding my proven SEO capabilities and without such knowledge, you offer me advice on SEO. Spare me! I tell you what, talk is cheap. You provide me with a URL on which you have implemented SEO and I'll provide you with one and we'll let those on the forum be the judge. FWIW, the site I will provide for everyone to view and render an opinion has achieved first-page organic rankings in the SERPs for all key phrases in the profession it represents and has never relied on paid advertising. Boy, am I getting tired of wasting my time reading and responding to answers like yours.

Having had much success over the years with the results I had been able to achieve implementing SEO white-hat strategies on a multi-page website (personally designed/developed using CoffeeCup HTML Editor back in 2011) without ever having to rely on paid ads, I must admit I had a number of reservations in electing to go with a single-page website for launching a new business. While I didn't expect to see results overnight, given what I had been able to accomplish over a short period of time providing SEO for multi-page websites in the past, I am extremely disappointed in my SEO progress thus far regarding my single-page site as it appears to be nowhere found on the web other than when typing the URL into my browser's address bar. All considered, has anyone had much success in providing SEO for a single-page website without having to rely on paid ads? Also, has anyone provided SEO for both single and multi-page websites over a long enough period of time to render an opinion as to which one has proven to be most effective for their SEO efforts? Thank you ahead of time.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.