why would I need RSD? - Post ID 271151

User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

I've started working my way through all the tutorial articles for Framer; many of them being originally created for RSD. Given that the two apps are so similar and share so much functionality, why would I need RSD? I know about the frameworks for Framer and Bootstrap builder, but what does RSD offer that neither of these do, as far as practical web design/development for small businesses goes?
User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

I am sure you know that RSD can do both Foundation and Bootstrap frameworks. RSD has a component library feature. That is so far absent in FF and BB. It made be added in the future. For instance, instead of loading a theme with components, you just start a a blank FF theme. And in the component library, are more components for Foundation to use, than what comes with FF. You can start a Foundation project without loading components into the project, but still have access to them. And in RSD so far, you can create components and export them to your own library.

However, RSD is still in beta, so I can't say it "officially" comes with more components or even the library, because the library and the components themselves are still being made (a recent RSD beta release added more components). I don't think Coffeecup had said for sure if FF or BB will get the component library feature.
User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

Thanks for clarifying, Bill. May well think about buying RSD in the future; for now, FF seems to do what I need to do.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.