New Project (with Widgets) Opening...

User 52101 Photo

Ambassador
1 post

Hi,
I have opened a New Project with widgets and moved my mouse to the dropdown list that chooses grid, column etc.
On initial opening of the new page this dropdown looked fixed, but as soon as I make a selection from the dropdown list the dropdown box disappears, then reappears, then repeats as I move the mouse around.
I find this most disconcerting as I am visually impaired. If this is the intended action for the dropdown list then it is very distracting. If it is a bug like I hope it is, can you fix it so it remains in place rather than acting as the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland.
Thanks and kind regards,

jB
Windows 10 Professional 16Gb Ram
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is actually how it is supposed to work Julian. After you make a selection, we remove the drop down so that you can begin working on what you just selected. Having it continuously visible would make it harder to work with the element that you just selected.

A good example of why this needs to be done would be to add an element with a relatively small width. If the drop down were to stay, you would not be able to select the element itself as the drop down would cover it and make any style adjustments impossible.

This process follows the same workflow as our other responsive apps, RSD, RLM, and RED. What might work better for you instead is to navigate around using the Inspector pane.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.