Clean code? I think not quite.. -...

User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

Is there no way to clear code once you select a display option for example.

Say I click on flexbox settings.
then realize.. hmm maybe i just want to float that right.
and then.
hmm. maybe I really only need to make it an align right.

well i now have flexbox, float AND the only thing i need the align..
I only need a single line of code... but it is now exporting over 10 lines.

how do i get rid of the float and flexbox attributes stuck on the code.
I can't seem to 'clear' the section and it doesn't clear itself if I select a conflicting display option.

If there is no way of clearing the code, then there is no point in editing this for future.
Designs can change drastically and if this just leaves code all over the place, it is not efficient bloating and will cause serious issues with design and weird results.
If you can clear unwanted code then its not clean code at all. -- unless you design it perfectly from start to finish.. which nobody will be doing.

Is it supposed to stop conflicting code? - for example selecting position... would rule out flexbox settings or visa-versa.
I can understand there may be SOME overlap opportunities to create a result you want..
BUT without a way to CLEAR unwanted code, i think I'm going to have to ask for a refund on this.

I know its in beta.. so if it is a 'guaranteed' coming feature, then I will keep it.
But without a way to clear unwanted code from the UI..
It is missing a major and needed feature.

thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Under the STYLES section you will see a Reset Dropdown. That is how you can clear your styles that you no longer want.

https://s21.postimg.org/6wbgwxp3r/Screen_Shot_2016_08_30_at_12_04_20_PM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

So the only way is to completely reset the entire class?
yikes.. ok.

re-doing theclass from scratch just to get rid of some extra 'mistakenly' clicked on code attributes, seems like it could be done better..

Any chance this is something that could be added to each (dropdown) option instead?

should I recommend this.. in the beta recommendations?
or is it 'on the map' already .

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dean Russell wrote:
So the only way is to completely reset the entire class?
yikes.. ok.

re-doing theclass from scratch just to get rid of some extra 'mistakenly' clicked on code attributes, seems like it could be done better..

Any chance this is something that could be added to each (dropdown) option instead?

should I recommend this.. in the beta recommendations?
or is it 'on the map' already .

No, not at all. You can selectively reset any individual style for that class.

Did you try it out? ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

Oh i see.
sorry .. you can reset it individually..
great!!

User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

Well.. i did try it..

using Flexbox as an example.
then float..

it may be clearing it in the code, but it sure doesn't clear the visible UI.
it still shows the settings changed.

So either that is a bug or needs to show that cleared items are indeed cleared.

* i'm using Windows Version, build 129 fyi
User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

I just tried another one..
width for example.. changed dimensions from 100% to 97%
then tried to clear..

it did change back to 'auto'
so some of them are working.

User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

OK, it is working for each individual item.

I was confused because some things like flex, then align self.. are not in any obvious order..
* i realize it is in the order it is done..
so going backward it is like a visible list of attributes you can 'undo'.

I guess that works, now that i get it.

I would have expected alphabetical or maybe in the same 'block' area for when you are trying to 'select an attribute'..
so the attributes within a selection area.. transition, typography, flex..etc..
show the changed attributes within that area... seperated by a <hr> or something.

it could also be 'named' above each section to make it even more obvious.

I dunno. i guess it works. It is a little odd. but i guess doing it in the order its done is one way to show..

I just found it confusing.. if I jumped from text attributes to flex, to something else, and back to text.. it gets pretty confusing.

my 2 cents
at least you do have a version and ability to clear individual attributes anyway.. ! :)

User 2461574 Photo

9 posts

Ya my apologies to you guys. And also serious Kudos for the quick help and response.
believe it or not, I did read the instructions.. I just didn't comprehend some of the finer details described in text.

That order thing I still find makes it odd finding what you are looking for.. if resetting something..
But i guess that satisfies the OCD types about what order things are in :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.