Changing RSD site to RFF - Post ID...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
I think the answer to what I want to do is no BUT I wanted to see what you all think.
Ok our other site was done using RSD after it being a Vsd site since 1994 still have pages to add and since using RFF on the other site ( RFF is great) I would like to now change the other one also. I know it will take a few months to do but if I get a few pages done can I upload them ( after deleting RSD pages) and have new pages work and what is left also work ok? I am thinking no because of DIFFERENT CSS and frameworks - sorry if this question is long was hoping there is an easy way to do this.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Which RSD version have you been using? If anything before version 2, you will have built it desktop down I guess, and that can be a challenge, because you have to start from small going upwards. It is doable, though, but yes, it will take some time.
If your RSD site has been built with version 2, it should be much easier. But in Version 2 you have Foundation too, and more things to play with, just saying...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Which RSD version have you been using? If anything before version 2, you will have built it desktop down I guess, and that can be a challenge, because you have to start from small going upwards. It is doable, though, but yes, it will take some time.
If your RSD site has been built with version 2, it should be much easier. But in Version 2 you have Foundation too, and more things to play with, just saying...

Thanks Inger - Well it was built with RSD 1.5 going desk down, now that I have some knowledge using RFF going mobile up thanks to you and so many others I wanted to remake the 60 + pages again. I did not update to RSD 2.0 yet but that would not help anyway. So it looks like a slow slow progress making it RFF and if we get busy it may be until next year :)
Plus we are still adding to the other RFF site thanks for your help on that one also.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.