adding 2 .pdf files on web site?? -...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Here is a quick example to show how you can set this up. This list has 3 links to different PDF files all referenced in the pdf folder created under the Resources.

Scott I checked what you sent and I believe I have it on a test page right BUT if I am right or not) I cannot actually hit the link on the page to view the .pdf file UNTIL I actually upload to the server? I would have to UPLOAD the folder named "pdf" otherwise it will not work..correct? This is so simple I guess my brain is on vacation ( I wish).
Thank you,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ray wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Here is a quick example to show how you can set this up. This list has 3 links to different PDF files all referenced in the pdf folder created under the Resources.

Scott I checked what you sent and I believe I have it on a test page right BUT if I am right or not) I cannot actually hit the link on the page to view the .pdf file UNTIL I actually upload to the server? I would have to UPLOAD the folder named "pdf" otherwise it will not work..correct? This is so simple I guess my brain is on vacation ( I wish).
Thank you,
Ray

No, you don't have to do that at all. Click Resources and you create your folder there and then inside of that folder, you place your PDF files.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Ray wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

Thank you,
Ray

No, you don't have to do that at all. Click Resources and you create your folder there and then inside of that folder, you place your PDF files.

Thanks Scott yes I did add to resources 2 pdf files I will go back and figure what I am not doing right. Has to be something really simple. Thanks again for taking te time out from your busy day to reply I know this is not a software problem and you do not have to reply so thanks again.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott and Inger AHA finally got it :D Wow I don't know what I was thinking about brain must be someplace else, the problem actually was not adding pdf/ in front to show the folder! Such a simple simple simple thing. I even changed the text and all using doc and doc1 and now I changed to the the actual name of the pdf. and it works.
Thanks for helping now I continue working on the site. -;)
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ray wrote:
Scott and Inger AHA finally got it :D Wow I don't know what I was thinking about brain must be someplace else, the problem actually was not adding pdf/ in front to show the folder! Such a simple simple simple thing. I even changed the text and all using doc and doc1 and now I changed to the the actual name of the pdf. and it works.
Thanks for helping now I continue working on the site. -;)
Ray

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c6/c62b05e4481da5dcebf03f6cd637558a5578023a2b10daa345ba50289b7e29e7.jpg
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Thanks Scott :D Love the pup is that my prize for finally getting it right?
I Better celebrate before my brain goes out to lunch again!
Attachments:
Ray aka Kreations
User 2796380 Photo

94 posts

@Scott
This should be completed. It should work just like adding an image file.
step 1. you add the folder to resources as you said.
step 2 after selecting "button link or text link or image link" click on Href should drop down select Local. select folder in resources, select the doc.file (html or pdf). RFF fills in href=. instead of manually typing it in.

OR am I missing something?
Larry Penny

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.