adding 2 .pdf files on web site?? -...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all again,

I have 2 .pdf files I would like to (if possible) add to a page on our site in Foundation Framer, is that possible? If so do I make a Folder called say "pdf" first and put them in the folder? Thank I would use the html link on the site???? the files are aprox. 1.25 mb each compressed is thaat to large??? :rolleyes:

Once again thnaks you for ALL your help,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Just add them to the resources, if you want a pdf folder, that will be ok. And then add a text link or button link to those files. The size shouldn't matter, much, don't know how it will be to download them on mobile devices, though.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Just add them to the resources, if you want a pdf folder, that will be ok. And then add a text link or button link to those files. The size shouldn't matter, much, don't know how it will be to download them on mobile devices, though.

Thanks Inger I appreciate your help again
I was wondering about the mobile device also may be best to add at a larger break point fir IPad to desk top will try tomorrow.
Hey here in NJ we hit 75 degrees yesterday but cool coming back.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:

Inger sorry to bother you again BUT I cannot seem to get adding the .pdf files to work :rolleyes: I know it has to me as you all do it with no problem. I can add to the Resources and I see the 2 .pdf files that were in a folder named pdf in lower case. Do I add a html file??? Do I add a page in My Project file and name it pdf-files.html. Sorry to be so dense with this been a long day. I went to CC and downloaded info about adding a .pdf and the sample shows <a href="newsletter.pdf"><a/> and than you add what ever your link text is to be. But I am still confused and cannot get it to work.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Here is a quick example to show how you can set this up. This list has 3 links to different PDF files all referenced in the pdf folder created under the Resources.
Attachments:
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Here is a quick example to show how you can set this up. This list has 3 links to different PDF files all referenced in the pdf folder created under the Resources.

Thanks Scott I will download the file after the storms leave the area. Shut everything down right now on cell right now. The file would be the same for FF correct.
Thanks again Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott was able to power up and downloaded the file took a quick look and I think I see what I am doing wrong now (key words being I Think) will know tomorow. Thanks again I appreciate all the help - CC has really great customer service.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

There are many ways to do the same thing. I added a couple of options to Scott's file. ;)

Don't be sorry to 'bother' me. If I really had felt 'bothered' I wouldn't have been here. :)

Good luck with your storm. We had a blizzard yesterday, so that I could just barely guess where the road was when driving home last night.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
There are many ways to do the same thing. I added a couple of options to Scott's file. ;)

Don't be sorry to 'bother' me. If I really had felt 'bothered' I wouldn't have been here. :)

Good luck with your storm. We had a blizzard yesterday, so that I could just barely guess where the road was when driving home last night.

Thank you Inger will look at it also tomorrow as I shut down again.
A BLIZZARD take it easy and be safe and watch out for power failure.
You got the Blizzard and here in NJ we hit 74 degrees and muggy. Severe storms have been on and off all day in fact not far from our house lighting hit 2 school transformers so no power for them till AM
Be safe
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:

Hello Inger, Thanks for taking the time and adding a couple of options in the zip file I just downloaded, since I have not installed RSD 2.0 as of yet ( still waiting) I cannot open it in 1.5. I saved it and will have it for future reference when i do have 2.0 installed. Thank you I appreciate all your help.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.