Download Free Trial? - Post ID 282475

User 53507 Photo

31 posts

It's likely that a notice regarding this has been posted and that I overlooked it so if that's the case please accept my apologies. I've been using Web Form Builder for a number of years so naturally I'm interested in the new Form Designer3 (which I assume is maybe still in beta?). It appears that I can purchase for $99 but when I click on the button to download a trial first nothing happens. My preference would be to check out the trial or maybe an online demo, if there is one, before buying . . . Can someone fill me in on where we're at (or what I'm doing wrong)?

Thanks!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I would open a support ticket and ask the gurus directly. Maybe it's because of the Beta state that a free trial is not downloadable, but I don't know for sure.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 53507 Photo

31 posts

You're probably right but as the question isn't about the functioning of the software itself I'll pass on that. Call me crazy (and you'd be right, lol) but it's an unexplained issue/broken link with their website . . . my thought was somebody involved in CoffeeCup website management might stumble across this post and either fix it or provide a brief comment or explanation.

After all, WEBSITES are what they do, right?

Really what I was fishing for was a convincing reason to spend the $99 and had hoped there might be some compelling benefit made known to me before I shell out the cash.

(please don't take this comment as a negative . . . it's not intended to be).
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Well, what I can say about the Beta is, that you can build pretty neat forms with it. The interface is similar to the other responsive apps, like RSD, RFF, RBB and SD. One thing you have to be aware of: The Form designer comes without a back-end script (at least not yet). So you can design a nice looking form, but it won't do anything. To make it work, you will still need the Web Form Builder, so that you can build the same form (without any design) and use the back-end files it produces.
If you have one of the responsive apps I mentioned above, you can actually build a nice looking form in one of them and also pick the back-end from WFB. If your forms are fairly basic, you can also pop into my sharing folder (url in signature) and take a look at the forms I have, which indeed include a back-end php script and an explanation about the tweaking. But as I say, they are for basic use, and just with minimal styling.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

The trial button linked back to the page it was on (https://www.coffeecup.com/form-designer/), and so I checked with the CoffeeCup team whether this was in error. The reply was that they hoped to get FD out of beta soon and update that page.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.