Uploads stopping short - Post ID 213530

User 493807 Photo

131 posts

DFTP 6.9 2014

What could be causing my uploads to stop short. I have been trying to upload 3 files now for the past hour. I finally got one to upload complete. The files will get about 80% complete and suddenly stop uploading. No error is shown. The files are large, from 29mb to 50 mb and they are video files - if that matters.

thanks
When you speak - You repeat what you already know.
When you listen - You learn.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Could just be a time-out problem on your server, but check these 2 settings...
Insure you are transferring in Passive mode, then on the top menu, Actions/Transfer Mode select Binary.

When the file stops, is it in about the same place? Or does it randomly stop at different places?
If it goes to the same point, I would suspect a time-out error, if random then could just be a bad connection giving too many errors. Solution is to try again later.

I have transferred movie files over 1GB with no problem so should work. Let us know what you find out, or if you are still having problems.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 493807 Photo

131 posts

Thanks, those settings are correct and the transfer stops at random points. I'll have to dig into the WiFi side I guess.
When you speak - You repeat what you already know.
When you listen - You learn.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.