Unhandled exception errors galore -...

User 145510 Photo

3 posts

Hi,

I've been using Coffeecup Direct FTP for about half a year now, and ever since the last update I downloaded for it some weird things have been happening.

When I'm typing code into the Editor section and I go to finish a tag with '>' (for example: <p>) I will get an error saying:

An unhandled exception occurred. Press "Abort" to terminate the program,
"Retry" to exit the program normally and "Ignore" to try to continue.

If I press Ignore, it'll go back to letting me complete typing my code, but whenever I get to the next closing bracket, the same error will appear.

This isn't the really annoying bit though! The really bad part is, sometimes I'll go to BEGIN typing a closing tag (for example: </p>) and as soon as I type the '/' the whole program will freeze and whenever I try to type, the computer will make the ding noise and not let me click or type anything in the program.

Why does this happen? It's driving me crazy!!

And one other thing too, why is it that sometimes when I copy and paste text directly from a website, the apostrophe's will become weird slanted ones that don't appear on the website when uploaded? I've tried copying the text from a website into notepad, then copying it from notepad into Direct FTP and the same thing will happen...

I try to do a mass 'Find and Replace' by copying the slanted apostrophe into the find section, and typing a normal apostrophe into the replace section.
Once I press replace all, it WILL replace the weird slanted apostrophe's, but with normal apostrophes and a funny symbol after it.

Anyway, that's my rant! Thanks for any help...
User 145510 Photo

3 posts

oh one other thing, these problems happen on multiple computers in my house...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.