SFTP Upload Issues - Post ID 17231

User 120326 Photo

Ambassador
21 posts

I have a server that only allows SSH connections, not FTP. I'm trying to use SFTP to do file transfers. I can connect fine, and I can upload fine from my home computer, but when I try to upload from work, I get the error "not enabled in protocol".

I'm using similar connections, and similar routers at both locations. I tried this on a second computer at work, and I can't upload from that either.

So, it's some sort of firewall issue, kind of.

I pull out WS_FTP, kick it into SFTP mode, and I can upload and download fine (still at work).

So, there is some odd combination of CoffeeCup's FTP tool and my firewall settings. I can't think of anything in my firewall that would prevent SSH transfers (and it doesn't seem to, since WS_FTP works OK).

Alas, I prefer CoffeeCup FTP. Anybody got any idea's about what I should be looking at here?

Thanks,
Joel Dare
joeldare.com
User 120326 Photo

Ambassador
21 posts

As a follow-up, I actually can't get any SFTP connections to work. I thought I had them working in one place, but found that they actually weren't working. WS_FTP works fine using SFTP on the same 2 servers I've tested.

Is this feature simply broke?

Joel

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.