Secondary login to ftp site - Post ID...

User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

I have one client that requires me to login to the site as anonymous and then issue the real user command and the password command.

ftp.xxxx.com
anonymous
user yyyy
pass zzzz

Is this possible with DirectFTP?

Thanks,

Jon
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is not even technically possible Jon. Once you are logged in with an account, you cannot authenticate again with another.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

I am sorry Scott but you are wrong.

I have been doing this for about 15 years, using WS_FTP and componets from ICS for Delphi pascal-oriented language for my own programs.

Given your resonse, I'm guessing that DirectFTP is not able to do this.

Thanks,

Jon
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Interesting. I have never have heard of such a thing. Seems redundant logging in as anonymous and then with another account.

Guess you learn something new each day. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.