Restore last connection on start up -...

User 192897 Photo

325 posts

I am using Direct FTP ver 6.6, Build 1548, full version. In the preferences dialog box under FTP there is an option to "Restore last connection on start up'. I have tried checking, unchecking, then rechecking etc and I have never had my connection restored or restarted upon start up.

Does this only work if i was disconnected? Is there something else i need to check?

I am runing Vista Home Premium-SP2.

Further Info: This does seem to work when i do not check "Show The Main Toolbar"- is this right? Does not seem to make sense.....
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya george,

It seems to be working for me just fine. All I did was just go in and check that box to restore the last connection on startup, saved the setting, connected to a server (I have many setup), closed the program without disconnecting, restarted the program and it automatically connected to the last server. The connection must be live when you close the program.
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Thanks Jo Ann, that worked.
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No problem, sometimes it's just little things we miss lol. Enjoy :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
The connection must be live when you close the program.

Ah, nice to know. I thought it just didn't work with 64 bit. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.