Preview image on server problem -...

User 2264206 Photo

4 posts

Hello folks,

We're having a problem using the preview image capability in DFTP, ver 6.8 build 1904, on Win7 Ultimate.

The image does preview correctly on the local side and does work correctly on the web page itself, but in DFTP when we choose preview image when we're on the server (in other words, when on the right side panel) we get a "speechless!" error dialog shown below. We've tested using both .gif and .jpg

I suspect that the issue might be related to permissions or ownership on the directory that is shown in this log information ("xxx" is the user name):

9/6/2011 3:36:57 PM DOWNLOAD FAILED \Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\ CoffeeCup Software\TempDir\DFTP2\don.gif /don.gif 2509 B -1 B/s

(space added before CC name for clarity)

We're new to the CC software, glad to have found such enthusiastic product designers and user community, you folks are dynamite!
Jim
User 2264206 Photo

4 posts

hmm, well maybe we can't attach images here yet .... let's try that again:

Attachments:
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

I think I would open a support ticket for that.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2264206 Photo

4 posts

Thanks, Eric, will do. We figured the forum experts might have encountered this issue and have a workaround -- it's not a showstopper by any means, but it's a bit odd (as is the speechless dialog, <snorf!> -- oh, my, I think I just channeled Lily Tomlin's "Ernestine" from Laugh In days, what a hoot!)

Sheila
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just letting you know that I am on the same windows 7 Ultimate you are, using the same version of DFTP and have no issues with the images at all. I tried both dragging and dropping the image to the bottom in the preview box and that worked, and I tried also double clicking the image to preview it and that worked also.

Also wanted to make sure you checked your settings for the click/double click setups in DFTP to make sure that it isn't downloading instead of previewing. I can't recall at the moment, but I think the default was to download on double click rather than open in preview. Just a thought to check it, might not be the problem.
User 2264206 Photo

4 posts

Thank you for your advice, Jo Ann,
As it turns out we were able to figure out the problem, and it's been reported via support.

It turns out that we have always used a forward slash, by itself, as the remote directory's "start in" setting. Don't recall why, it's just something we've done for years in multiple other apps. Anyhow, DFTP doesn't like that, and it "blocks" the image preview in this first directory. By navigating down one level and then back up, the slash is removed from the remote directory path and lo, the preview works again.

Thanks to all for reading, and participating in such a great forum, warm fuzzies all around. :)

Jim (ghost-written by Sheila)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it worked out and hope it stays that way now hehe. Good luck on the site :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.