Keeping Directories Syncronized While...

User 3004957 Photo

846 posts

When I move through the folders on the remote site, I'm not seeing the local side changing to stay in sync?

Once I set the starting directories for both sides, the software should keep both sides in directory sync while moving around.

I was just about to purchase this software, but can't without that feature. Too much of a hassle to be changing both sides when files can be located very deep within directory structures.

Is this anything that can/will be added before my free trial is up? If so, I'll purchase immediately upon seeing it.

I'm already looking for another FTP program, so a timely reply would be nice.

Thank you.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

As long as I've been using DFTP, for 10+ years, I have always been able to make so-called 'combo bookmarks' which I guess you mean. Just locate the local folder and the remote server that you want to 'pair' and click on the icon which looks like a book. Give the bookmark a name, and there you go.

But I don't think the folders will stay synced if you start moving about on the local or remote side. Not everyone has the same folder structure on both sides anyway.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.