Installer error ... again - Post ID...

User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

Hi team.

The previous updated version (not sure of the build number) seemed to have fixed the installation 'cannot create uninstaller' error, which was great, however, before I could post to that effect, yet another build was made available for download (Build 1742). I therefore downloaded and installed this build and the installation error is back.

I don't know whether anything specific was done between these (or other) builds to eradicate this bug but the previous version (I still have the installation file) does not exhibit this error while the latest build does. That is, if I right-click and install as administrator, the uninstaller is created, otherwise installing without running as administrator, the uninstaller is not created and an error is thrown up.

http://www.davethompson.co.nz/dftp-error.png

The ghost lines are still there in the 'details' view when moving the columns.

Also, it might be just my machine but I cannot right-click and select anything in the details view 'pane' unless I left-click somewhere in it first. This doesn't do much for my RSI so if possible, can this be added to the feature requests lists (I assume it is a CoffeeCup-made custom control that is used here rather than the Windows one because it only has some of the functionality of the Windows version and there are the glitches with ghost lines etc.)

Interestingly, when opening build 1742 it says there is a new build available (1746) and when taken to the download page and the new file downloaded and installed, it is still build 1742 so that new version has obviously not been made available for download yet.

Cheers

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.