Help, My Web Host doesn't use FTP -...

User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

Somebody help me please, I am with SBI and have just purchased Coffee Cup Password Protection Software and it wants my hosts FTP information, well SBI doesn't use FTP, what do I do?

Janice
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Tell us more about SBI...what does that stand for?
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

Site Build It is my website host.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

My suggestion... Get a REAL service provider. SBI is a marketing ploy, from what I've seen, that wants you to bring other people to them so they can spend their hard earned $300/year to host a "feature limited" site.

If you are going to stick with SBI though, I'd suggest going to their "support forum" and asking this question about FTP settings there.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2268924 Photo

1 post

I also use SBI and have loved using the blockbuilder at first but the template options are limited and ugly so I searched for how to upload as well. the text is all showing up when I tried to upload, but the images didn't and the formatting is hit or miss.

I am VERY new to HTML and used visual site designer because it was so user friendly to build the site. I kick myself now for using it because no one on either side, coffee cup or SBI has step-by-step instructions for getting the publish option to work with SBI.

I should've just modified one of their templates but coffee cup had nicer ones. Now I wonder if I'll ever get the .vnu site that I see up and running. frustrating.

PS - I'd pay $300 again just to get access to their action guide. For a complete web newbie like myself no one else comes close to offering the step-by-step hand-holding they do for building a site and what needs to be on each page etc. they even give coffee cup a nod on the upload your own html screen, but don't have specific instructions for using something that echoes FTP that would let you upload the entire site at once. the uploading should be more intuitive on their side.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

Seems thaty a site built with their tools lack the charset declaration. Probably no problem for just English, but loads of problems for other languages. I agree with Phil above here.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.