FTP Timeout on Large Files - Post ID...

User 530246 Photo

37 posts

It seems that when I am downloading or uploading larger files to and from my web server, they tend to have a timeout fail message. Are there any settings that can be adjusted allowing for longer download and uploads per file?

More specifically: "Failed (Sorry, the action you are trying to complete has timed out [28} Additional information. FTP response timeout.) or this one: Failed (There was a problem connecting to your host or proxy. Please check your server settings and try again. If you are sure you have entered the correct information, please contact your network administrator or the server administrator.
Lonnie G.
Visit a site that only offers software with a lifetime upgrade policy such as CoffeeCup's policy, try http://www.LifetimeUpgrades.com.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What version of Direct FTP are you using Lonnie? We have made quite a few changes in the past few weeks and the most current version is 6.7 Build 1752. You can also run the "Check for Updates" to make sure you have the latest version.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 530246 Photo

37 posts

Version 6.7 Build 1742

I will update my version and get back with you if it works.

Thanks
Lonnie G.
Visit a site that only offers software with a lifetime upgrade policy such as CoffeeCup's policy, try http://www.LifetimeUpgrades.com.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you do have problems, please do open a support ticket and we can take a closer look into this for you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 530246 Photo

37 posts

Hey Scott

No more timeout problems as of yet with the new version.

Thank you.
Lonnie G.
User 494367 Photo

1 post

I have 6.9 build 2015 and am experiencing the same problem. The uploads do not complete and neither do the downloads

Please find attached area screen capture containing the error.

Thank you
Attachments:
Alan
Sydney, Australia
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Alan,

Is this for "all" uploads or only very large ones? If for all uploads, then I would check with your internet provider and see if something is up as it sounds like your connection is not stable so the upload cannot complete. If it is only huge uploads, then please let us know that too. Thanks. :)
User 1764238 Photo

1 post

I am having the same problem with large files. I running Version 6.9 build 2015 on window 8.1

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.