FTP Message: Error writing to local...

User 400784 Photo

14 posts

This is the entire message I get when attempting to download folders and files from my host to local disk:

"There was an error writing to a local file. It may be locked by another program, the path may not exists or you may not have sufficient permissions. [23] Additional information: Failed writing body (268435456 != 8676)."

I desperately need to back up my website!!
I'm using the registered version 6.9.
Operating system Windows 7.

I have never had a problem previously. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've checked passwords to the host are correct. Closed system down and restarted.

At a loss as to what could be the problem or what to try next - has anyone else has a similar experience?

Thanks!
Marina
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

To where on your computer are you trying to download? Make a folder on your desktop and try to download to it, maybe that helps.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 400784 Photo

14 posts

I was trying to download to a specified folder in 'My documents'.
I have just tried the same to a specified folder on the 'Desktop' and got the same error. Funny thing is the folder and the folder in that folder has downloaded but the files within each didn't come with!!

So tried the subfolder in isolation but the same thing has occured and same error message:
"There was an error writing to a local file. It may be locked by another program, the path may not exists or you may not have sufficient permissions. [23] Additional information: Failed writing body (268435456 != 1394)."

Thank you!

User 400784 Photo

14 posts

Sorted for now...seems to be a problem with my desktop as FTP software works on a different computer.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.