Free FTP shows empty folders - Post...

User 373703 Photo

74 posts

Downloaded the latest build and installed. Seems to work fine again.

Report a problem on Wed and get updated software on Thurs. That's why I use your products.

Thanks again,
Lloyd
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Awesome, good catch too there Lloyd, and yes the team here is very good at getting us fixes for them nasty bugs hehe. Happy transferring :)
User 1120966 Photo

13 posts

direct ftp doesnt work for me.. i uninstalled and reinstalled several times on the new build and it times out trying to connect to the server.. help?

Attachments:
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. — Abraham Maslow
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

[away]
absolutely sure that you have all your settings correctly inserted?
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Have you tried passive mode [away]?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 1120966 Photo

13 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:
[away]
absolutely sure that you have all your settings correctly inserted?

Yes, I do web design and use ftp all the time. I never had this issue until I upgraded to the new ftp clients.. I have tried both free and direct and I cannot get them to connect to any of my hosting accounts.

tassietiger wrote:
Have you tried passive mode [away]?

Yes, I have tried that too. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, it doesn't seem to matter.
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. — Abraham Maslow
User 122017 Photo

1 post

I upgraded my FTP direct and now it uploads all blank files. Can someone help, please? I have done all the things suggested on the forum.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.