Free FTP program. - Post ID 19445

User 0 Photo

0 posts

I am using the free Coffeecup FTP uploading program. For some reason it is telling me that I am loged on to Geocities but it will not show the files in my Geocities web site. Can anyone help.

Alan.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi

Have you tried checking or unchecking the passive FTP check box?

Scott Swedorski
VP of Software Development
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 0 Photo

0 posts

Thanks Scott.

I tried the passive FTP with no luck, I also tried turning my microsoft firewall off but I still can not see my web files at geocities. What I don't understand is than it is telling me that I am connected but will not show me the files. If I go in using the geocities address for my site all my files are there. I checked the port monitor program i am using and it looks like I am connected. I can see the directry on my computer, I can select the files to upload, I also have the upload icon yet I still do not see any files on my web site. I'm sure this is one of these stupid little things that I do or don't do every now and then that get me in trouble.

Thanks for your help Scott.

Alan.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.