Error Message in FTP Direct - Post ID...

User 132324 Photo

6 posts

I configured FTP Direct 6.2 to connect to my server using Port 22 and SFTP protocol.

Whe I attempt to upload a file, I get an error message with the FTP Direct header on it:
"NOT ENABLED IN SFTP PROTOCOL"

Can anyone tell me what the hell that means. If FTP Direct allows SFTP to be a configuration option, why the error?

I can't find any other places to change configuration.

Can anyone, please help.
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

Make sure your service provider allows you to use SFTP to log on.
Alfred
User 132324 Photo

6 posts

Al, It was my service provider who asked me to configure for Port22, which is SFTP.

I do not get the error message using other FTP software, only FTP Direct.
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

Sorry, you did not mention that in your previous post and your error message suggests that SFTP is not enabled on your server. Very few services actually provide SFTP so I assumed that you just wanted to try it. Why don't you call CC Customer Service, I'm sure they can help!
Alfred
User 90809 Photo

5 posts

I have used Direct FTP 6.2 for at least thirteen years. I still like the original interface vs. your newer product; regardless, since upgrading both of my FreeBSD servers to version 10.1 RELEASE, I am able to access either server (alpha and bravo) via Direct FTP 6.2, and I can GET files from them, but I cannot PUT from my windoze workstation. The error or complaint is "Not enabled in SFTP protocol." Similar to as posted by Donald Calarco, 10 JAN 2006 (see above).

Unix command line SFTP works well.

What is known about this scenario? What to do?

Thanks,
Ron W.
. . .just another message in a bottle.
OTTF, Ron W.

< a href="http://archaxis.net/htdocs/RTWingfield/htdocs/humor/OTTF/OTTF.html">OTTF</a>

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.