Editor Feature Request - Post ID 127421

User 127327 Photo

57 posts

I would like to see cut, copy, and paste when you right click the editor. I think this is needed in my opinion. :)

Edit: I know how to cut, copy, and paste but I would like to see this feature.
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

Loooks like my idea was not put into the program. :/

I would like to see the ability to use an external editor too. :|
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

I guess my ideas are no good. Nobody replied to my post. :(
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Ralph
Try just adding this request to the thread which deals with suggestions for the application
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/direct-ftp/suggestions-for-coffeecup-direct-ftp-or-free-ftp/
Probably get noticed there.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Ralph,

Keep in mind that suggestions aren't always commented on either, most of the time we put them in the suggestions threads for their particular programs and the devs see them and either add them or don't lol. But sometimes there are no comments, doesn't mean good or bad, just that the suggestions area isn't always a place for conversation on a topic :)
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

Maybe a reply from the admins would make me feel better but thanks for making me feel better. :P
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

Most of the forums for specific programs have feature request stickies at the top of the post 'tree'. I would also like to see full context file manipulation in all areas but it is like this because (and I'm just guessing here) CC use either their own proprietary code for the controls or pay someone to use theirs, which means implementing this stuff takes more than just dashing off a few lines of code. They also have to be dareful they don't undo all the hard work they've already put in sorting out any existing quirks in the software; something as large as context menu support would require a considerable rewrite and the code-cutters probably have enough headaches as it is.

Good ideas though and keep them coming, just post them where they're asked for and are likely to get noticed.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.