edit php files in Direct FTP, version...

User 34505 Photo

3 posts

I'm able to edit and save my webpage in local mode (I don't edit directly from the server). I'm not able to preview the page in the Direct FTP application. When I upload the edited page to the server, the page displays as white blank page. Is there an issue with php files or 64 bit? Don't know why I can't get the simple text edits and link changes to work. Thanks, Ron
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Ron,

Got a link so we can see the page and what's going on with the code?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Ron,

Is that link directly to the page you're saying is blank for you? If so try clearing your browser cache as the page is loading for me just fine. IF that's not the page, can you give us a link to the exact page you're having issues seeing please?
User 34505 Photo

3 posts

I saved this page to my local drive. I added the text below to the web page on my local drive and saved it to my local drive. I wanted to preview it in Direct FTP but could not. The preview icon was grayed out. I uploaded the web page php file to the website. When I opened the page from IE, the page was white blank. I then put back the current web page that works, but without the updated text I desired to add. I did add to PDF files to the server which appeared to be OK.

Text to add:

<hr width="90%">
<p><span class="TitleRed">PROPOSED Advisory Rate Filing Effective January 1, 2014</span><br>
(Proposal filed with IDOI via SERFF on 09/09/2013<span<br>
<br>
To view the Proposed January 1, 2014 rate filing circular (PDF) <br>
&gt;<a href="rate_pages/Circular_2013-07_Proposed_Rate_Filing.pdf">Click Here</a>&lt;<br />
&nbsp;<br />
To view the Proposed January 1, 2014 rate filing document (PDF)<br>
&gt;<a href="rate_pages/1_1_2014RateFilingProposed.pdf">Click Here</a>&lt; </p>
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

I think you're misunderstanding what the 'preview' in DirectFTP is. That preview will let you 'preview' a graphics file, not a web site.

Your web site, as far as I can tell, is fine. I see the text for viewing both your pdf files, and they do load. Did you fix the problem you thought you had? If not, which browser are you using, and did you clear your browser cache?
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.