DirectFTP and timestamps - Post ID 17162

User 0 Photo

0 posts

Hi guys...

I've been using the DirectFTP trial version, and really like what I see. However there is one problem that I just can't seem to resolve. DirectFTP lists the DATE MODIFIED for all remote files, but doesn't list timestamps.

All other FTP clients I've tried (WS_FTP, CuteFTP, SmartFTP) list the timestamps, so it can't be my servers. Am I missing something?

On another note, what's up with the free lifetime upgrades? It always makes me nervous to see companies do this, because you're basically cutting off your backend revenues. And that usually means either you need a big infusion of cash now, you are looking to get out of the business or you are planning on changing your entire corporate strategy and move in a different direction. Comments?
User 1393 Photo

16 posts

That, or, at least up until now they've had a good enough stream of new users or existing users getting more of their software.

Myself, I have repurchased it once. They also have the BlueDomino, SubmitFire, InstantCoffee and CopySite as part of their business. along with all the smaller programs in their lineup. They might be making enough off that to offset the lost potential of making users repurchase for every major version. I think it certainly keeps people around more with the product, if I had to keep buying a new version I would be shopping around for a new HTML editor every time.

Though, I have to say, this one does everything I want it to, and in a way that makes more sense to me than Dreamweaver/FrontPage/etc.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.