DirectFTP 6.5.5 migration - Post ID...

User 55135 Photo

2 posts

After reformatting my computer I was ready to get all utilities up and running first. I downloaded the latest (build 5) DirectFTP. And was all set to move my registry values saved from the 6.2 version so server information would be ready to go, but the registry in Win XPpro did not have the same registry entries with 6.5.5 installed.

I've looked for an import/export area and I've read some users have had at least some servers automatically saved on an upgrade, but my method seems to no longer work. Does this work only by installing the newer DirectFTP over the old version?

I like the new UI. But have gone back to 6.2 while looking into this.

???'s ... I have just the one.

Thank you!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What you need to do is install 6.2 on the new system and restore the registry. Then on that system install 6.5 It will pull in all your server info.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 55135 Photo

2 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
What you need to do is install 6.2 on the new system and restore the registry. Then on that system install 6.5 It will pull in all your server info.

That was my guess. I did just try it and as the 6.5.5 installation concluded, I was greeted with an error which I promply clicked [OK] as any Windows user is prone to do and rebooted.

I checked my servers and none were configured. I then checked regedit and saw the profiles in the registry. They were readable without the passwords of course.

Is there something else I can do in the registry to make the profiles work when opening the program?

Thanks!
User 429924 Photo

1 post

I recently lost my harddrive and kind of let my site go. Now I want to fix it and I downloaded the 6.5 version and I can't get the server to connect... It keeps coming back as Error # 6. Can anyone help me?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Here is a list of error codes that can help you trouble shoot this.

http://smart-pad.blogspot.com/2006/07/c … codes.html

#6, Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.