User 166008 Photo

388 posts

I installed the new FTP program and had the following issues:

1. It does not show in my Coffeecup programs menu in "All Programs"
I had to find the FTP folder in the Coffeecup programs folder to
to access it.

2. I told it to pin the start icon to my start menu. This start
menu icon would not start the program.

3. Making a shortcut to the desktop did work.

** Maybe this had to do with not uninstalling the 6.2 version first?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Z Man,

Start by uninstalling, restart your computer, then downloading again, and running a fresh copy of the install file.

One of the screens you should see allows you to de-select locations for icons to be placed.
User 166008 Photo

388 posts

I did an uninstall and then a reinstall. I did check the box that said to make it part of the "start up group" I think I unchecked that before thinking it meant something else. It is now working fine.

Why is that box even there? Wouldn't everyone want it in the start up group like usual?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Some people may prefer to have nothing in the start group, but have collections of icons all over their desktop. Offering the option should make everyone happy. Just my guess/opinion.
User 19330 Photo

3 posts

I have a problem with DirectFTP (Registered, XP) which fits in this topic...
It installs 'normally' but when launched gives the folowing error box:

"There has been an error.
Error running C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\DirectFTP-6.5.4/DirectFTP.exe : child killed: SIGABRT
The application will exit now"

I've tried re-downloading the installer and starting afresh - exactly the same thing happens :/

Any ideas of how to stop this infanticide? ;)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Elper, which OS are you running? If Vista, have you turned the UAC off? What about Admin rights?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 19330 Photo

3 posts

Hi, XP Home, Service Pack 2. There is only one account on the machine with full rights. :)
btw what is uac - for if i ever change for vista ;)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Oh, UAC means User Access Control and is a very nagging thing in Vista, meant to be protecting the machine from you, which most people turn off as soon as possible. Only recommended for complete novices if their first ever computer is running Vista ;)

To your problem: Are you sure you've got the most recent version of DFTP? And between uninstall and reinstall, did you boot your machine? Any firewalls or virus protection interfering?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 19330 Photo

3 posts

Real life will prevent me from trying anything else for a while - Firewall is ZA (with antivirus) next install attempt I will try disabling it (though normally it's polite and asks first) - Thanks for the suggestion :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.