Direct FTP "Sorry, the action you are...

User 599916 Photo

3 posts

Unable to connect to the NOPCC site using Direct FTP
Win7-32, Direct FTP Version 6.6 Build 1548
Uninstall and reinstalled Direct FTP
Checked/unchecked Passive block.
Remove and re-ADD Server setup.
BUT, when I try to connect I continually get this message:
"Sorry, the action you are trying to complete has timed out. [28] Additional information: Timeout was reached."

I am able to connect with the NOPCC site using the Free Stand-alone Client in the Coffee Cup HTML Editor Version 2008, Build 233.

Further, I have a second site (edwardjahncke.net) set up in Direct FTP which connects correctly.
Baffled!!!!!
User 599916 Photo

3 posts

Went to my WinXP machine and upgraded from Direct FTP 5.2 to the latest 6.6 version and again had the upload problem to one of my web sites. Removed the 6.6 version and reinstalled the 5.2 version. I could now connect with all of my sites.

I noticed that in Version 5.2, you could vary the "connection timeout" (which was preset to 120 seconds). I could not find in the Version 6.6 any setting of the connection timeout, or any way to vary this setting.

It is my belief that one of my web sites requires a longer "log on" time, which is provided in the earlier version of Direct FTP. Version 6.6 must not allow such a long connection timeout thus keeping me from connecting to my "slower" site.

At this point I am reverting to the earlier version of Direct FTP until I find another way around my problem.
Any thoughts??????
User 2050221 Photo

4 posts

I was having the same problem when I was trying to upload my site. I turned off my firewall in mcafee and it uploaded fine.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.