Direct FTP, problem uninstalling...

User 354015 Photo

1 post

Help! I am trying to remove an old version of Direct FTP, prior to installing the new version and I am getting the following error message: 'An error (-5004 : 0x7e) has occurred' and that's as far as I get. I'm using Windows XP and was able to uninstall the HTML editor and Lockbox without any problems. Any ideas?
User 2489107 Photo

162 posts

Hello,

It seems that the original install did not properly go through, what you can try to do is manually delete the files from your program files folder, then visit this website ( http://www.ccleaner.com/ ), then download the free version from one of the mirror sites, and install it. Now, you will need to run the registry tool to remove any undeleted files that are still on you system, then fix all selected issues ( you will need to repeat the process until the registry tool does not find anything ). Once completed check for any references in the programs files folder or through windows explorer to make sure that they have been removed.

If there is anything else that we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.