Direct FTP doesn't upload? - Post ID...

User 157175 Photo

58 posts

Basically, I was uploading a load of files, and when i came to view these files they werent there...I looked at the folder in FTP, and it had created the folder, just hadnt uploaded the files. I then had to upload the files seperately. Which then worked.

This just seemed a little strange for an FTP program.
Has happpened on a number of occasions.

Any ideas? (have tried a free FTP program, which worked fine, but i prefer CC's FTP prog)
aka. Mark Davies
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Maleko wrote:
Basically, I was uploading a load of files, and when i came to view these files they werent there...I looked at the folder in FTP, and it had created the folder, just hadnt uploaded the files. I then had to upload the files seperately. Which then worked.

Any ideas? (have tried a free FTP program, which worked fine, but i prefer CC's FTP prog)

I mentioned this somewhere else this evening....... I had exactly the same problem and on further inspection (after a long, long time!) I discovered that I had a proxy set up for some reason (which I don't use) which was blocking my uploading!
Have a look in there........
Janys
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

JANYS HYDE wrote:
Maleko wrote:

I mentioned this somewhere else this evening....... I had exactly the same problem and on further inspection (after a long, long time!) I discovered that I had a proxy set up for some reason (which I don't use) which was blocking my uploading!
Have a look in there........
Janys

Janys you are so right. Click the Proxy Off. It is also worth clicking the Passive Mode off, if it is on, or on, if it is off!

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 157175 Photo

58 posts

Cheers will give that ago :)
aka. Mark Davies

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.