Direct FTP - Change default local...

User 480672 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

When I edit my page in Direct FTP 6.5 and save it, it saves it to a temp folder for preview.
Is there an option to make it save and preview to the folder I opened it from?
With the tempdir it dosen't show any images because they are not in the path of the temp folder.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

jph,

Look in your server manager, and select the server you want to edit. Now look at the server login information, and click on "More Options" and you should see an empty box labeled "Local Folder" with a browse button. Click on the browse button and navigate to the local folder you want to use.

Hope this helps.
User 480672 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Thanks, but this only opens the correct folder when I start Direct FTP and saves it correctly, but when I hit the preview in Browser button, it only shows the tempdir page, which won't have the correct paths to the images and background.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

jph,

Sorry that I did not understand the problem. I can't even test it right now since it does not offer the option of displaying my php pages. I will try again when I get home.
User 480672 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Am I the only one having this problem?
I don't see a choice that says Save to the Folder it was opened from.
I am trying this out for a school website with people who are not technically proficient and want to make it as easy as possible for them.
Thanks.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

jph,

Direct FTP apparently uses the TEMP directory, but I don't know why. I will see if the programmers have an answer.
User 480672 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Thanks billr,
I think the program is great but this will confuse novices.
I'll be waiting for your response.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.