Direct FTP Beta 6.5 - Post ID 6430

User 242747 Photo

2 posts

My apologies if this was asked before but I couldn't find it. Just wondering if version 6.5 will be a free update/upgrade? I installed the Beta and it says it expires in 15 days. Version 6.2 is still working well for me so free or inexpensive would be good. (-:

TIA

Don, Toronto
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

"Buy our Software and Get Free Upgrades & Support for Life!"
I should hope that means it'll be free for you. ;)
--
*May mean the life of the product, not our lives. :P
80 years later, "I'm still here, and this DirectFTP 6.5 won't load on Windows 2088!! Support for Life my rear!"
User 242747 Photo

2 posts

So we can assume it's only the beta version that has the time limit and the full version will be a free upgrade. Thanks.

I've not heard of Windows '2088'. Still getting used to Windows Vista Ultimate. (-:

Don, Toronto
User 25656 Photo

Ambassador
39 posts

Hi,

As far as I know CC has made a couple of years ago the choise to make two versions. A trial version and a offical version.

When a program is final, you can download the offical version from the support downloadpage.

So I think this B is a trial and the 15 day limit is only for the trial.
On the other hand during the install of this Beta the question is asked if a previous version of FTP should be deleted.
In my opinion this option should be disabled for a trial version, because otherwise a official version could be deleted! I placed this q (option) already in the "Design forum"

(one small thing, actualy this topic is placed in the wrong group ;-), it should in the Design forum )

So don't worry :-)
Greetz, Lex
CC user form 1997 (or '96?)
Boater (RIB), Diver, Kawabiker, webmaster, father, gamer, developer, compufreak :-)
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I do believe it asked if you'd like to uninstall previous "beta" versions, as it kept my last final version intact. As far as I know, the Beta is limited for all people, trial or registered owners, as a final release will be a new download/install once available.

You're right Lex, this'll be moved to the Design section. ;)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is just a pre-release not official. This is why there is a time limit on it. We are continually working on the pre-release implementing comments and suggestions from users. Once we go to official release, it will be a free upgrade to all users.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.