Direct FTP 6.5.4 reinstall - Post ID...

User 56734 Photo

5 posts

I just loaded a replacement machine,and re-installed Direct FTP there. From my old machine I had exported the whole key branch of [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CoffeeCup Software] ... including all the profiles.

I've loaded these reg entries on the new instance, but I still don't see them show up as servers in the program. Is there more of registry I need to grab from the old machine?
User 180142 Photo

Ambassador
1,879 posts

How about if you reinstall from

http://www.coffeecup.com/direct-ftp/

Sounds like a better idea than trying to install from one machine to the other. :D
User 56734 Photo

5 posts

Poor choice of words... I used the downloaded installation executable...

Exporting the registry is the only way to capture profiles. Notice that I didn't have problems with the installation.

Thanks for other valid input related to my problem.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Those registry keys were actually used by the older version of the software. Version 6.5 no longer uses them, which is why they do not show up. The only way to make this work is to first install version 6.2 and restore the registry keys, then you have to install 6.5 and allow it to migrate the keys to the new format.

It would probably be just faster to manually re-enter them.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 56734 Photo

5 posts

For future reference and migrations... where does 6.5 keep them?
User 56734 Photo

5 posts

And where can I download 6.2 from. Leveraging that may be a faster exercise than re-entering all my profiles. Thanks!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Go to Website Design Software tab, Get Support, Orders and Downloads...

It will display a list of all of the CC software that you currently have registered and whether or not you have the latest version or not. And of course even if it says you do have the current revision, you can redownload anyway.

* You do have to be logged in for this feature, using the account information that you made the purchases with.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 56734 Photo

5 posts

Thanks, all. Consider this closed.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

John Deitz wrote:
For future reference and migrations... where does 6.5 keep them?

C:\Users\{username}\CoffeeCup Software\AppData\Roaming
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2194 Photo

Ambassador
1 post

I am unable to find the server info for FTP 6.6 so I can port it to a new computer. What is the file it is hidden in? This - C:\Users\{username}\CoffeeCup Software\AppData\Roaming - does not compute in Windows xp.

Cheers,
Michael

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.