Direct FTP 6.5 is taking ages to do...

User 133270 Photo

2 posts

I used version 6.2 and it worked fine, however 6.5 takes about 20 seconds to do anything usually.

For example, when I upload an image to the server, I can see in the FTP activity Tab that the file is transferred immediately but the FTP program sits there for what seems like an eternity (when you are waiting to do things) apparently doing nothing afterwards, but in the meantime nothing can be done with the FTP program?

Also when I change directories/folders on the server, it takes equally long to do so.

As a side issue I wonder where there 'up one directory buttons' went, having to go to the top of the list and double click on the folder with the dots after it is a hassle, and the old buttons worked fine imho.

Hopefully
Peter

www.pictures-of-paradise.com
User 133270 Photo

2 posts

Never mind.
I tried reinstalling 6.5 with no luck and got frustrated with it so I have gone back to 6.2, it feels so much nicer to be back with the older version.
I guess I put this in the wrong place to get replies...

Peter Studt
www.pictures-of-paradise.com
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi Peter,

It was the correct place to ask. Sorry you didn't get any replies.

I don't know of any others who have had the same issues with DFTP 6.5, for me it works great. Maybe you ought to ask at the CC support.

I agree about the 'up one folder' button!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 25656 Photo

Ambassador
39 posts

Yep same here.
It takes a lot of time for FTP to close (or end) a certain action.
This is the case with Dir up or down, tranferring a (or more)file(s).
You see the transfering is ready but the status bar still moves as if there's action.
Greetz, Lex
CC user form 1997 (or '96?)
Boater (RIB), Diver, Kawabiker, webmaster, father, gamer, developer, compufreak :-)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.