Direct FTP 6.5 Build 5 Crashing -...

User 464960 Photo

4 posts

Hi there, Has anyone experienced FTP6.5 crashing under normal upload situations ? I have some applications open when I am using it such as Skype, outlook, Internet explorer, Google chrome, expression web - appreciate any feedback on its operation or tips to prevent (other than close down all the other applications)

Cheers
Craig - Bonnie Scotland

Cheers
Craig

HostAGeek.com
User 429167 Photo

13 posts

Craig,
I have also had problems with FTP 6.5 crashing. I now use another program for any large uploads and only use CC FTP for quick edits and small changes. It is very annoying to be half way through an unload and the screen of death pops up. The program also takes a long time to shut down. The older versions did not have these problems.
Anybody else??

Harvey
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Version 6.6 is out. You might try updating your version to see whether the problems persist.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 464960 Photo

4 posts

hi guys

appreciate your assistance - I have updated with 6.6 so will see how this performs.

Will let you know soon.

I am looking for a free software to convert a powerpoint presentation into Vidio format - without any watermarks ? any thoughts ?

Cheers
Craig.

Cheers
Craig

HostAGeek.com
User 448166 Photo

98 posts

I also had problems with 6.5 constantly crashing. It seemed to allow a few transfers, and then would crash. I had to close and reopen until it would crash again after 2 or 3 transfers. I am testing 6.6 now and so far it has not crashed. i'll post my findings as well.
User 1895690 Photo

3 posts

I had troubles too. Going to find version 6.6 and see how it does. (6.5 is extremely slow with navigating around too).
User 1895690 Photo

3 posts

6.6 is way faster! So far very pleased... :D
User 448166 Photo

98 posts

WAY BETTER! The new 6.6 is faster and does not crash. I like it. Way to go CC.
User 429167 Photo

13 posts

6.6 seems to have fixed my issues also...thanks CC.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.