Direct FTP 6.2.062 incomplete upload...

User 121153 Photo

9 posts

Been using Direct FTP for a long time, and though it works well for smaller projects / uploads when I upload large folder structures (for example Zen Cart) Direct FTP regularly fails to upload all files. It does okay with first and most second level files, but if they're buried deeper than that often they fail to upload, or a directory will only partially upload its contents. Note that this is in Passive Mode. If I use the program in Active Mode, then it times out before upload of large projects completes. So what am I missing?
User 371908 Photo

52 posts

Usually with larger file structures I upload partials. Instead of uploading the whole thing. I will upload a half dozen files/folders at a time. Usually images in one upload then files.
User 121153 Photo

9 posts

Well that doesn't seem right. A good FTP client should be able to handle the entire upload. Today I played around with a fresh upload of Zen Cart to a Linux host and was generating 40550 (no directory - invalid path) errors galore. Yet the directories were there. Direct FTP just wouldn't populate them. But FileZilla did without error.

Anyone at CC have an explanation for this?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.