DFTP won't "move up one folder" on...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Paul, the 'paul' folder seems to be your mail folder, by the looks of it. Usually the mail folder is on the same level as the public_html folder, but I don't see any by that name, not a www folder either.

Then there are all those folders with a person's name. Are they folders that you have created, or do they belong to other users of the same host and are unknown to you? If the latter is the case, then you definitely should not have access to the 'home' level.

Have you got a website uploaded, and to which folder? Since I can't spot any public_html or www folder, I wonder if the 'paul' folder is the same as the public_html or www, or if you have to create it yourself inside 'paul' (or inside 'home' if the other people there are your friends and you have created the folders).

I'm asking all these questions, but in order to have some real help, do what Tom says and open a support ticket. The support people (CC staff) may want you to give them ftp access to the domain so that they can see what goes where. I don't think I can help you any further... sorry
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

To address Jo Ann and Inger in one post:

So, are you the admin? Should you actually have access to that deeper directory?

I'm one of the admins with superuser access, but it's not my server.

Jo Ann: If so, and if your setting doesn't have anything other than public_html in it or www, depending on your server type...

Inger: Usually the mail folder is on the same level as the public_html folder, but I don't see any by that name, not a www folder either.

The websites are under /var/www/vhosts/ -- for example, havemann.com is /var/www/vhosts/havemann/www -- as per the attached screenshot.

...then I would follow Tom's suggestion and open a ticket.

I will, but first I want to eliminate any possible D'oh issues.
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.