DFTP Skipping folders - Post ID 126541

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Dave Thompson wrote:
Note also that the Microsoft Expression working folder called 'My Web sites' is missing in DFTP as well.

So for clarification, the EW default working directory My Websites is no longer missing?

Your problem is that a folder you created called Websites is missing?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

The Joker wrote:
Dave Thompson wrote:
Note also that the Microsoft Expression working folder called 'My Web sites' is missing in DFTP as well.

So for clarification, the EW default working directory My Websites is no longer missing?

Your problem is that a folder you created called Websites is missing?

Yes and no. The EW working directory as well as my own websites folders were both MIA but in the latest build, 1786, they are now present and correct and there are no path errors on startup. Well done to the developers who have found and fixed this issue and also kudos to them for fixing the ghost lines GUI bug as well. I can no longer generate them by grabbing the column headers and resizing them, so whatever has been done has worked. The directory missing bug was a regression, so hopefully both these issues stay fixed. I am almost at the point of uninstalling my other ftp client as DFTP is now stable and fixed enough for me to rely on it completely. If I use this for a week without having to fire up my other client, it's gone.

The only thing I would include now if I was coding it is the inclusion of a window where the server login details are displayed; many connection and other issues can be readily diagnosed and dealt with simply by knowing what is going on during the connection/handshaking process. I know this defeats the simplicity intended, but simple doesn't have to mean lack of features; the ability to enter direct commands goes hand in hand with a login screen, giving users the ability to use advanced ftp queries and command-line processing should they so desire.

Well done anyway for fixing the two bugs that directly affected me and keep up the fire on any others anyone else may have.

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

That's great, Dave. You have been a driving force behind the success of this application and deserve much of the credit, as well.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I totally agree! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.