connection problems - Post ID 19540

User 127319 Photo

10 posts

I have just finished designing my first web site with coffee cup but I am having trouble with FTP. I am using wise-ftp which came with 1and1 package. Error message tells me either my log in is in correct or unable to connect due to error 10053.
What should go under: ftp server
Name
Host

1and1 gave me a password and username for ftp access but does not appear to help.

Also I am not sure if firewall is affecting connection. Anyone know how I can configure this?

Thanks for ypour time

Nick Cassells
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

I'm not familiar with 1and1 or wise ftp, but I would recommend to call your service provider and have them tell you what you need to log onto your ftp site, you also need to know where to put your files so they are visible from the web. Look around your providers support pages perhaps they have a FAQ or help page.
Alfred
User 127319 Photo

10 posts

Thanx Alfred. but just to show how much of a novice I am, is my service provider btinternet(broadband connection) or 1and1?

Thanx again,

Nick
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

Your host and internet provider is 1and1 and the other is giving you the broadband connection. You should have gotten logon informations from your host, this might include, password, username, URL and FTP address. When you upload your files you would use a FTP address, something like this... ftp://your.host.net/ftp/yourname/and so on....
You will need to get all that info from 1and1 before you can upload anything.
Alfred
User 127319 Photo

10 posts

thanx Alfred I will do this. I hope I can help you out sometime

Nick
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

Your most welcome Nick. If I learn enough to teach you to teach others, I'm happy :) As of now I only know that I know nothing, but than some people don't even know that much!
Alfred

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.