coffeecup installation - Post ID 22170

User 145167 Photo

2 posts

Hi,

New User.

I have bought and dowloaded Coffeecup FTP - latest version to my Desktop.

When I double click and open application It just sets up maintanence
Wizard and says click on modify repair etc for set up. I click next and go through the process and click finish and end up back on my desktop with the icon sat their, this is all that happens. It does not set up or open and I cannot seem to progress any further and use the application. It does not complete set up.

Please Help
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

In your Start menu, there's no Coffeecup Software folder listed in your Programs?
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Susan,
How are you placed now? Have you managed to sort something out? How new are you to computers? Have you found a way to put a shortcut on your desktop?
I didn't sleep properly having seen that plea for "helppppppppppp!!"

Janys
User 145167 Photo

2 posts

Thank you,

To everyone.

Installation Completed.

I have being using a Trial version: I removed these and the new application: Downloaded again.

I still do not know how to make a short cut to my desktop Icon, but this is the least of my worries.

I am so Glad of this Forum it really works and Helps. I applaud Coffeecup Direct.

Thank you all once again.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Glad you got it working. The shortcut should be no biggie. I just navigate to the shortcut in the Start menu and right-click on it instead of left-click and choose Copy, then go to your desktop & right-click and choose Paste.

If you were copying from the .exe directly in My Computer or Windows Explorer, you'd "Paste Shortcut" instead (but I doubt you're doing that).
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

My short cut I get by going START > PROGRAMS > COFFEECUP SOFTWARE > then right click on the program of my choice and select SEND TO DESKTOP so then you won't have to struggle every time you need to use it.

This is my desktop.......
http://www.janwyse.com/desktop.jpg

So you can see what I mean!
Janys

p.s. I never dare put an image wallpaper as I would never find my icons against the background!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.