CofeeCupFTP Crash's and miner...

User 538789 Photo

1 post

Okay I switched over to Cofeecup FTP after smartFTP no longer had a free version. I like it.. But as of recently it's been crashing a lot while uploading mutable files. I tried reducing the number of uploads it does at once to 1 and it still is having issues handleing some uploads.

AppName: freeftp.exe AppVer: 4.0.1.62 ModName: freeftp.exe
ModVer: 4.0.1.62 Offset: 0035196c

Thats the only bit of the error it's letting me copy and paste. It's only brought up a real "crashed cause of yada yada" error once, rest of the time just a "has encountered a problem nd needs to close"

On top of that, there are some miner annoyances I've found. I love the drag and drop files to upload them, thats always a pluss for me. But what gets annoying is.. say I'm working in my root folder, and just uploaded a project containing other folders and files. say folder1, folder2 etc. Now I go into those folders on my HD and edit some files. I want to upload them all, instead of going into each of those folders individually on both sides and uploading the files inside them, I just want to dump both folders again and upload them both. I would think it would go OKAY and ask to over write those folders. Nope. If I hapan to have my mouse over a folder, it instead uploads another copy of the folders I want to upload inside that folder.

So instead of havign
folder1 > files
folder2 > files
I get
folder1 > files
folder2 > folder1 (and 2) > files
cause I happan to have had my mouse over folder 2.

I think having an option to disable that so if you're in one folder, and drag drop another folder, it'll upload that folder into the directory you are curently in, and not dump the folder (or files in gen) into a folder you're mouse happans to be over.

I am now stuck deleteing my whole website, and reuploading everything back in, cause I didn't catch it was uploading stuff inside folders that it didn't belong as I updated so now I got a jumbled mess. I think it's over writing the index file on my one page, when it's over writting the index to whatever folder I was over, and just a big ugly mess. And the above error is making this VERY slow going.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.