can't load webpage using ftp - Post...

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Pamela Werrell wrote:
My apologies for posting twice in a row but it has been over a month and I have not seen an answer to my post above. So I have since download the html editor 2006 D version updated on 3/8/2006 and tried to see if the ftp problem I was having was fixed. AFter only one file the same problem continues to exist - I open a file or create a new php file or html file and save the document, I then go to the disk icon drop down menu and use upload file to server. I choose my server and the ftp pop-up window appears saying connecting - the first time I do the above steps all works well. However if I try to upload that same file after some changes using the method above the program freezes eventually I get the windows pop-up asking me to end the non-responsive program now. If I have more than one document open all the changes made in it that have not been saved of course are lost.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated - I have enjoyed using your product for a long time and have been extremely satisfied by prior versions however this bug is troublesome.

If the problem is not being worked on any time soon is there anyway I might be able to get a previous version of the html editor that I had on my old computer that worked wonderfully but I no longer have the downloaded file for?

Pamela,
I have tried to recreate your problem, and however nasty I get or unreasonable with the program and what I ask of it, I am not able to recreate the problem at all!
I can only think that perhaps you have some incompatibility going on.
Try uninstalling the program and then downloading it again - but save it on your hd before installing it again.
It's worth a try.
Janys
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

kuleigh paul smith post your Web Site address here a let others see your great work on this your first web site using CC software. Go on, boast, stand tall and be proud of yourself.

Pamela, Janys is right, their may be an incompatabilty problem. I also agree with her about unistalling, redownloading and installing again. You would be surprised just how often this can solve the problem.

Good luck, Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 1614 Photo

4 posts

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The problem still exists. I have several of the Coffee Cup programs installed could one of them be causing the problem or another ftp program?
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Pamela, have you recently upgraded your Firewall/Antivirus? I upgraded my Antivirus/Firewall a little while ago and suffeered many of the problems you have described. I discovered it was simply a fact that I had not granted continuous permissions.

I also use CuteFTP as well as the FTP in CC. I sometimes suffer connection/freezing problems with CuteFTP and CC. I discovered that when I unistalled CuteFTP, CC FTP worked just fine.

If you are still suffering the same problems, I would suggest that you getonto the Guys at CC direct by going to http://www.coffeecup.com/help/ enter your Username & Password, then go to Contact/Email Us. My experience of CC has always been very favourable, and I ame sure they wil try very hard to help you.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Pamela - You may also want to check out these pages http://care.coffeecup.com/support/index … &nav=0

These pages deal with FTP problems with CC

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.