Can't connect CoffeeCup Direct FTP -...

User 122152 Photo

7 posts

Have been using CoffeeCup FTP since 2001. LOVE the program and wouldn't design a web page without it. Have to go to Europe so bout a Mini with Windows 7 OS. Have tried everything suggested on this forum:
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.
2. Set as Admin when reinstalling
3. Placed ALWAYS ALLOW in Norton Firewall config
4. Went to DOS and was easily able to connect.
5. Used alternate FTP (CuteFTP) which connected without problem.

Have no idea what to do next... Have reconfigured server settings to no avail, still get just a constant "Busy... connecting to mysite.com" or "X " is not a valid integer value." when I try and double click on server name.

I am using Windows7 OS with CoffeeCup Direct FTP 6.2.0.62

Any ideas folks??
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Michele,

You're quite a ways behind on updates for DirectFTP which the current version is 6.6. I would suggest you update it and try again.

Also, I see that you trusted it in your Firewall program, but if the update doesn't fix the issue, try turning your security software off completely just temporarily and then see if you are able to connect. This will give us a better idea if it's your security software blocking it or not. Trust me when I say that adding software to exceptions doesn't always do the trick. Sometimes the program is just blocking it anyways and then we need to figure out how to get past it if that is the case. Let us know if either of these things work :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.