2nd time FTP user & I can't connect....

User 0 Photo

0 posts

can anyone help me? I used Coffee Cup FTP once before, many months ago, to upload some files a web host. Shortly thereafter, we had a serious computer problem, and for about 6 months I didn't (couldn't) work with it.
Now, all this time later, I'm back on line, but when I go to use Coffee Cup FTP, it won't connect. I remember way back when that I had a similar problem, and I somehow, after much frustration, managed to get it to work. But now, when I go to do it, no luck. I don't remember what it was I did back then to get it to work, so I'm dead in the water here now. For a day-and-a-half I've been working with it, trying different things. According to the tutorials, I have everything set up correctly, but it just won't connect. It tries, with a little window opening up that says "connecting to... " and names my profile name. The little staus bar shows that it's trying to connect, but that's all it does-try. Eventually it times out, without ever having connected. I'm at my wits end here... I'm not running a business or anything, but just trying to post a personal web site. What's wrong? Please help me if you can. I've even done a screen capture that shows all my settings, that I can e-mail to anyone who might be of help. Thanks, Steve
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

All I can think of is, did you check the "Passive Mode" radio button in the General section of the FTP Sever Setup dialog box, try it both ways. Otherwise check your password, URL and so on.
Alfred

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.