VSD 5.9 problems - Post ID 4198

User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Looks like I was writing my reply to you at the same time you were writing to me!
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Scott & bg, I have the same problem, tried everyway I could thik of, but what did work was what you suggested Scott remove the published website, then reupload. worked fine. granted I only have a couple blank pages and nothing big so I dont know about a big website how it would work.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you try this. VSD used to create a default.html default.htm welcome.html index.html and index.htm Now we just create an index.html

It could be your server is using one of the old names. Try just deleting those files and then do an upload again. This may fix the issue.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Scott as mentioned above, 1 index.html and no dot in front of vsd.php

http://www.yllek.info/uploadedfiles5.9.png
using url because of awful image.....

windows server, (Hostway)
UPDATE: http://www.yllek.info

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Glad that worked. We are using a Yahoo and Godaddy Windows hosted box here for all our testings. We will do a few small tweaks in the next update and re-verify everything.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Glad it worked for Bruce cuz it sure didn't work for me...
I deleted those files as you suggested and re-uploaded everything, and now I have no website at all.
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

I just downloaded this update :). Should I wait until tomorrow for the fix?

I don't want to delete my site just to update one page out of 9, since it is photo full, has video players, etc.

It would take forever.

Thanks for getting the update out for us. I am sure this is a small issue.

Scott, I just edited this to mention I opened up VSD 5.9 and when I clicked to preview my previously created site, no photos are showing up.

Where are they? They always showed up in every version of VSD before.

Thanks. :)
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

FilmHistorian, If I were you I'd wait.
This has become a major PITA for me.
Like you I updated one page, net result no more website.
Too bad as CoffeeCup has been superb until now.
User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Scott and Bruce, Thanks!
I renamed the .VSD file with no period, nuked the index.htm file, cleared my cache and re-uploaded.
Everything looks okay now.
...and I still love this software.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.