1. Already mentioned, Lock Objects.
2. Global link fonts is great, but when you want white for your dark footer, and then a link in your white page, it doesn't work too well. An ability to either switch off global link colors, and or allow font color change as in SCC Pro. I have to use HTML to change the color at the moment, unless I'm missing something.
Thanks for the great program.
CoffeeCup's own web site, which is a great example of good website design, benefits nicely from good line spacing in its text. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think this can be achieved in VSD without resorting to inserting blocks of HTML code.
• .PNG support would be amazing!
• SpellCheck (I am terrible at spelling) lol
• "Objects" have the a regular color and also a "hover" color. I have tried the mouse hover thing, and it changes my whole object.
That is it off the top of my head for now.
Also good if you could write in the degrees and percentages as an extra if the above was not possible. My hands are shakier than they used to be and difficult to get the same settings I want each time using the clock and slider.
So here, now, is my list of "you could make my life a LOT easier" requests...
1) Master pages. Every desktop publishing software I've ever used offers master pages. And VSD really works very similarly to a desktop publishing software (which is why I love it so much). But the lack of master pages really hurts it's functionality. If you've got a 30 page web site and you want to add a new link to your main menu, that means 30 pages to edit to make that happen. Yikes! These days, almost all web sites are designed with the same header and navigation on every page - so why not have the ability to set master pages? Something as seemingly simple as linkifying your main menu is very difficult because you can't create the internal links until the pages to be linked to actually exist, but once you've created all those pages now you have to go back and linkify every menu image on every page. Yikes!
3) Background color AND background image! You'd think this is fairly basic, but apparently it's not. The setting screen where VSD allows you to set your background makes you choose between a background color and a background image. Why? Basic HTML allows you to insert both (i.e. "body background="blah.jpg" bgcolor="#00000") and I'm sure there is a way to do it with CSS too. The reason this is important is that if you have a dark color background image, then the background color should be a dark color too. I have a dark color background image, but because I can't define both background color and a background image at the same time, the background if the image doesn't load just shows up white. Not good.
There are other little things, but those seem to be the big three for me.
Thanks for listening!
edit current page,,,, apply to all pages,,,, be made two different colours
ie green for edit current page & red for apply to all pages.
Its a pain hitting the wrong button and having to go back through 30 pages and edit all my keywords and headings, because I made a simple mistake.
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk
I can add form.php to the root. simple, now if I understand it, if I also added the form folder structure it would also work however there are folders within folders which makes the process lengthy.
My present method is to zip up the form folder and form.php file and use C panel to upload and extract on the server. FTPing takes forever one file at a time, even though the folder is selected and transfered
If it where possible to include the folder which also included the sub folders it contained, which could be zipped, uploaded and unzipped in the destination folder
Form (Be able to add a folder complete, all files being transferred that way)
Folder containing all the form files zipped up on selection
This would make it so easy to upload without having to do it by a seperate ftp or copy method
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.